Student Affairs Welcome
The mission of Georgia College involves "challenging students and fostering excellence in the classroom and beyond." The Division of Student Affairs offers a wide range of activities, services, and opportunities to become engaged in campus life that challenges students, develops habits of excellence, and connect life outside the classroom to the formal academic curriculum.
The persons and offices that comprise the Division of Student Affairs contribute to Georgia College's mission by facilitating student learning, enhancing student success, and teaching responsible community membership.
Expectations of our Students The Georgia College experience is founded on the 3 Rs: Reason, Respect, and Responsibility. Based on this foundation, we expect that during their time at Georgia College students will:
- set their own personal development goals and take responsibility for their own learning;
- be prepared to learn and to be intellectually challenged;
- strive for excellence in their studies and seek to achieve high academic expectations in all their courses;
- acquire an inquisitive mind; respect for human diversity and individuality; a sense of civic and global responsibility; sound ethical principles; effective writing, speaking, and quantitative skills; and a healthy lifestyle;
- be meaningfully engaged in and involved in the campus community; and
- take full advantage of opportunities to develop and implement career plans.
Georgia College students are expected to achieve and maintain high ideals founded on the sound principles of utilizing REASON before acting or reacting; employing RESPECT for others, for ideas, for the law, and for property; and recognizing their RESPONSIBILITY as citizens and members of the campus community.
Dr. Bruce Harshbarger
Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Dr. Paul Jahr
Associate Vice President
Gina O. Chambers
Executive Assistant to the Vice President
Office of Student Affairs
206 Parks Hall
Campus Box 27
Milledgeville, GA 31061
ABOUT GEORGIA COLLEGE: Georgia College, the state's designated Public Liberal Arts University, combines the educational experience expected at esteemed private liberal arts colleges with the affordability of public higher education. Its four colleges – arts and sciences, business, education and health sciences – provide 6,600 undergraduate and graduate students with an exceptional learning environment that extends beyond the classroom, with hands-on involvement with faculty research, community service, residential learning communities, study abroad and myriad internships.